What is Pilates?
Pilates is a body conditioning routine which helps build flexibility and long, lean muscles, strength and endurance in your legs, abdominals, arms, hips, and back. Pilates emphasis is on developing a strong core, increasing coordination, improve your breathing, spine and pelvis alignment.
Patience and persistence are crucial qualities in ultimate accomplishment with Pilates exercises. Remember, "Rome was not built in a day". Correctly performed exercise will reflect grace and balance in your daily activities. With practice, you'll become “unconsciously competent”.
How can you benefit from regular Pilates?
- You will improve performance
- You will increase your core strength and balance
- You will build a stronger, more flexible body
- You will learn how to prevent injuries and strains.
- Axial elongation and core control
- Spinal articulation
- Neck, head and shoulders organisation
- Alignment and weight-bearing of the extremities
- Movement integration.
If you want to know more about how you could personally benefit from Pilates you can book a Private session in one of our studios.
During this time, you will be asked to perform some simple exercise that will determine your strength and range of motion. Then, we will be able to create customised program especially addressing your indvidual situation and needs.